• Greetings!

by  • November 7, 2013 • Clinton • 1 Comment

Hello all and welcome to Civic Living.

My name is Clinton Pettengill and I am a recent addition to the Office of Civic Engagement (OCE) here at The University of Maine at Augusta. I am currently working towards my Bachelor in Fine Art with a concentration in painting. Through my artwork I address social and political issues. Currently the work I am creating shows a strong concern for the environment and the future of agriculture.
    My work is a great way to reach out the community and share ideas, however, sometimes that community needs more than a painting. I am a strong supporter of local agriculture. I work on my family’s farm during the summer months, volunteer at other local farms and support farmers markets and local farm stands. I stand for the expansion of local farms and discourage the spreading of the large commercial farming industry that can rely on the heavy use of pesticides. I also promote social equality. I believe each human being should have the same basic rights.

I joined the Office of Civic Engagement so that I could be helpful to the community and gain deeper knowledge of issues so that I may educate through my voice and my art. Since joining, I have met many wonderful people and learned a lot in a short period of time. I look forward all my great experiences at the OCE and am excited to tell you all about it. Thanks for stopping by.

About

One Response to Greetings!

1. November 7, 2013 at 9:03 am

Hey Clint – I love your support of farms! All humans DO have the same basic rights, unfortunately, some don’t have them granted.